Saturday, September 26, 2015

We cry out "Abba! Father!"

YouVersion app

Last year in the Bible class that I took at school, we went over different names and ways to view God.  One of those, and my favorite, is viewing God as our Abba (Hebrew for father).

I don't know why this spoke to me as much as it did, but I guess that was God's plan.  My Bible teacher's words to us about this specific topic even inspired me to write a poem which I will now share with you.

Abba!

An overwhelming peace;
His arms surround me.
Nothing can get inside to me.
Of course bad things will happen!
But I am armed with God's truth
All the way through
He is my Abba Father!
I am His adopted beloved.
The spirit of God- His joy
Is inside me.
My heart smiles
At those that beat me and scorn me.
God is my joy.
He is my Abba Father! 
I am His adopted beloved.
He cares about His people.
We forget Him; we reject Him
But His love remains the same
No matter what.
He is my Abba Father!

This poem was completely God-breathed.  Every word of this poem came from Him and I have to say that it is one of the best poems I have ever written.

And it's such a true poem as well!  Let me share a verse with you:  
Romans 8:15 "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

I absolutely love this verse.  We are not slaves to God- that's not at all why He created us.  When He formed Adam and Eve on Day 6 of Creation, God wasn't thinking, "These humans will be perfect to serve me as slaves their whole lives."  Instead He was probably thinking, "I will love these people as my own and I will serve them."  

Did you catch that last one?  Now obviously, I don't know what God was thinking, but this is closer than the first!  God has loved us as His own and He has brought us into His royal family as if we were His own. 

He adopted us into His own family.  He doesn't treat us like less than His Son, even though we are adopted, but He treats us with love you and I could never even come close to imagining.

Do you believe you are a true son/daughter of God?  Are you?  Have you accepted Him into your heart, asking forgiveness from all your sins and surrendering your life to Him?  If not, do you want to be a child of God?  All you have to do is believe that God came and sent Jesus to die for you.  For you!!

God is a good, good father.  He is not a harsh father that only wants you to serve Him, but He wants to serve you!  Now for some homework… 
1.)  Look up the song Good, Good Father by Housefires because it is AMAZING and will show you what God is really like as a father
2.)  Go to your own father (your earthly one) today and do something special for him to show him how much you love him.  If you don't have a father, go to any special older male figure in your life.  
Then, comment down below and tell me what you did for your father because I would love to know! 

Whatever you do this week, remember that God loves you no matter what!












1 comment:

  1. Please comment telling me something special you did for your dad because I would love to know!

    ReplyDelete