Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy November!

Hey everyone!  It's been a while since I've posted something and I'm really sorry for that!

Anyways, it's November! Yay!  When November rolls around, I know for sure it's fall (sometimes October still feels like summer).  Plus, Christmas is right around the corner so there's a lot to look forward to this month.  I hope all of ya'll had a great Halloween.  I was a Southern Belle with some of my friends… (I'm in the pink dress)


So this is a very busy month for me.  One of the reasons I'll be busy is because of NaNoWriMo!  I want to explain this to you guys.

NaNoWriMo is an abbreviation of National Novel Writing Month.  Basically, it's this thing for writers (calling all writers here!) that takes up a whole month- the month of November.  31 days.  It's where you sign up on a specific website and your goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month.  That's about 1,700 words a day; font 12 and double spaced on Word will make it about 6 pages a day.

Wow!  You may be thinking, "that's a lot to write every day!"  And yes, it certainly is.  But, if you like to write it's a great thing to try especially if you have an idea in your head and you're wanting to get started on writing your first book.  I'm going to do it for my first time this year.  If you want to take up the challenge with me, that would be awesome!

You can sign up for it at http://nanowrimo.org/ .  Even though it's the first of November, I don't think it's too late to start just yet!

Since I'll be pretty busy this month, I want to give some of my readers a chance to have their own post on my blog.  So if you have a topic really special to your heart, email it to me and I will post it as a devotional.  Or if you've written a short story and want to get it "out there" send it to me and I'll make sure it happens!  (This is just for my friends and family because I'm not putting my email address on the Internet).  

Hope all of you have a great November!  Whatever you do this week, remember that God loves you no matter what! 

No comments:

Post a Comment