Monday, February 29, 2016

Poem: He Sees

He Sees

I see someone lost among billions of people
He sees someone who stands out in the crowd.
I see a girl who is weary and tired
He sees a girl with strength and endurance.
I see a person who doesn't match up to the standards of the world
He sees a person who is her own person in Christ.
I see a sinner
He sees someone saved by perfect grace.
I see a young child less than worthy
He sees a child of the King.

~ Poem by Rebekah A. Crozier

This poem was completely inspired by God.  I wrote it based upon something God has been showing me lately. 

Do you ever feel less than worthy to be loved by anyone, especially God?  Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I am not satisfied by what I see.  But, what we see isn't always the same as what God sees. 

When I feel lost and like God doesn't care about me, He's carefully watching every move I make.  When I don't feel like I measure up, He views me as someone made perfectly whom He loves.

We don't need to care about the world's standards and who the world says we should be.  Instead, we need to live uniquely and just be ourselves.  That's what will draw people to us and make them wonder, "why are you so different?"

One word God has been giving me lately is the word, enough.  He tells me daily, through different situations that I go through that I am enough for Him.  That I am enough and I don't need to change anything about myself because I am enough.  God calls you enough.  He tells you that you are enough for Him and for your friends and family.  You don't need to compare yourself to others because you are enough. 

Isaiah 64:8 says, "But now, Oh Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand."  God didn't make you just like all the rest of the world.  He made you your own person.  He formed you specifically apart from everyone else.  He made you unique and different. 

This past Friday, I had the amazing chance to go to my church and hear Sadie Robertson speak.  Sadie is a senior in high school, and she is one of the stars of her family's reality tv show, Duck Dynasty.  She has done so much with her life to affect others like her.  One of the things she has done is written a book titled Live Original.  In her book, she talks about how God has called her to be set apart and live original or unique. 

While other tv stars and celebrities try to conform to the newest trends, Sadie made the choice a long time ago to stand out and stand up for what she believes in.

Don't be afraid to stand out.  Even if people ridicule you and judge you for not being like everyone else, God will help you through it.  He promises to always stay with you.  You will overcome any challenge you face because Jesus has already overcome the world and He stands with you.

Live original.  Live unique.  Be different.  Stand out.  Be set apart.  God made you special and He made you to be your own person.  You are enough so don't compare yourselves to others.  And whatever you do this week, remember God loves you no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment